8.29.2008

So Far

I have done some mini loops around the exhibition hall and seen a ton.
I really saw too much to process. I took lots of notes and pics and am
planning up some posts about my general impressions for the games I
checked out. It's hella crowded but the vibe is pretty chill.

One thing we did sit in on was a discussion about the free-to-play
business model and how to make it viable for indie developers. It was
interesting, but going to a talk like that makes me feel so ignorant
about what is actually out there. Ignorant, yet ultimately extemely
optimistic about the future of gaming in general. So much passion and
desire to do great things. Coming to a place like this is just
inspirational.

Ok. Now on to a neat panel discussion about pitching games to
publishers. More crazy interesting ideas!

No comments: