8.30.2008

Note from From Friday: GH World Tour Booth vs Rock Band 2 Stage

Guitar Hero World Tour is housed pretty much on the opposite side of the Exhibition Hall from Rock Band 2. GHWT has 3 mini setups with virtually no lines allowing any attendee to try their hands at the game immediately and one slightly larger stage with a slightly larger line acting as the main stage. The songs I heard while wandering around: "Space Cowboy" and "Hot for Teacher". My life would still be just as fulfilling if I never heard either of these two tired classics ever again.

Far across the hall Harmonix held court to legions of cheering fans and uber long lines. Rock Band 2 was a major destination. Expert players waited to whore it up on the huge elevated stage complete with cheesy lighting. "Carry On My Wayward Son" and "Livin on a Prayer" were the cheesy tracks of choice during my stay, but neither of these two annoy me at all.....weird.

Ultimately, the games are, as expected, very similar, but GHWT is ultimately outclassed in several departments by Rock Band 2. Maybe "outclassed" is the wrong word, but they were colossally out-rocked.

No comments: