8.30.2008

Tabletop Gaming

Being the ultimate nerds that we are, Scott and I decided to skip the concert. I heard it through the "Twinkle-vine" Coulton rick-rolled the entire crowd at the end of his set. My loss.

We decided to check out the non-digital gaming aspects of PAX. There is so much here. The table top free play allows you to choose from literally hundreds of games. Its like the Family Game Store Saturday Game Night on crack. There are so many game dorks, and I am not even getting into the miniatures, MTG and D&D players that permeate the first floor. To get to normal board gaming, you need to climb a couple flights of stairs. This place is so awesome. I wish you all could be here experiencing it. Totally serious.

There were alot of pick-up games of Arkham going on ... I'm guessing most of them were abandoned part way through. Starting a game of Arkham, when you don't actually know how to play, at 10:30 at night is quite an undertaking. But what do I know about being hardcore. :)

Games I hope to play later tonight: Agricola and Pandemic. There is never any problem finding people willing to play. Did I mention I fucking love this place?

Quick Note for Anne and Eli:

"Lost Cities" in person is no where near as fun as it is on-line. Too much score calculating and its hard to gauge how many cards remain in the deck. Regardless, I still managed to school Scott's ass in our friendly competition. Yay for me!!

No comments: